Redirect to https://news.smu.ca/summerwelcome
Redirect to http://www.smu.ca/centres-and-institutes/arg-events.html
Join John Ralston Saul—co-Chair of the Institute for Canadian Citizenship, president emeritus of PEN International, and Governor General's Award-winning writer and philosopher—for a provocative discussion on why Atlantic Canada is key to a successful immigration policy.
Explore how Indigenous communities across Canada are responding to environmental and livelihood sustainability challenges, drawing on Indigenous perspectives on the environment and natural resource stewardship.
- Richard Nuna, Innu Nation, Newfoundland & Labrador
- Dawn Foxcroft, Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council, BC
- Ken Paul, Atlantic Policy Congress of First Nations Chiefs
- Kanyinke Sena, Executive Director, Indigenous Peoples Coordinating Committee of Africa
- Moderator: Maureen Googoo, Publisher/Editor, kukukwes.com
- Welcome: Raymond Sewell, Saint Mary's University
Redirect to Communities, Conservation & Livelihoods is an international conference at https://www.communityconservation.net/communities-conservation-livelihoods-conference/
Redirect to http://business.halifaxchamber.com/events/details/distinguished-speakers-series-dr-robert-summerby-murray-saint-mary-s-university-1208
After six years, Dr. Patricia Bradshaw is completing her term as Dean of the Sobey School of Business. Help Saint Mary’s celebrate the impact Dean Bradshaw has had on students, alumni, and the business community during her successful tenure.
Please register here.
We’re pleased to once again host the 2018 Science Showcase at Saint Mary’s University.
Dates: May 3-5, 2018
Location: Saint Mary’s University, McNally, Main Auditorium923 Robie Street, Halifax, N.S.
Opening Ceremony: May 3, 2018 at 12:30 p.m.
Public Viewing: Saturday, May 5, 10:30 – 12:00 pm
Nova Scotia Youth
Experiences in Science
923 Robie Street
Saint Mary's University
Dean of Science Office
Halifax, NS B3H 3C3
Tel (902) 420-5526
2018 Team N.S. Science Showcase Schedule
- Participant registration, project setup (McNally Main Theatre Auditorium, 9:30-12:00)
- Opening Ceremonies & VIP reception
- Student Workshop
- Night on the Town!
- Dinner with Scientists & Innovators (Loyola Conference Hall)
- Night on the town
- 9:00-9:30: Alumni Q&A period (McNally Main Theatre Auditorium)
- 10:30-12:00:ublic Viewing (McNally Main Theatre Auditorium)
Good luck at the Canada-Wide Science Fair!
Redirecting to http://halifaxdumpandrun.webs.com/
Redirect to https://events.smu.ca/farewell-reception-dean-patricia-bradshaw
Redirect to https://www.facebook.com/events/361844287642631/
Redirect to http://www.smu.ca/campus-life/art-gallery.html
Grad Expo is a one-stop resource centre for graduating students.
- The Expo in Loyola 290 from 10 am- 4 pm.
- At 4 PM there will be a Grad Information Session hosted by: Assistant Registrar for Graduation & Publication, Alumni and Grad Class Society. It’s an open forum so students can ask questions to the panel.
- At 5 PM SMUSA will hold their SmuTalks Series: “Life After Graduation- An Alumni Experience”. An alumni speaker will talk about life after graduation- challenges and successes.
Booths at the Expo
Service Centre- Try on Academic Regalia, Submit grad applications (if needed), Check graduation status
Financial Aid & Awards- Understand Student Loan repayment options after graduation
Career Services- Book your Resume and Cover Letter Appointments and learn about Career Counselling.
Bookstore- Shop Grad Rings, Degree Framing, Grad Class Clothing, SMU clothing
Alumni- Find out how to stay involved, know your Alumni discounts/benefits and opportunities with the Young Alumni Council
TD Insurance- SMU Grads get a preferred insurance rate. Meet and talk to TD Representatives about possible employment opportunities
SMUSA- Information about the SMU Yearbook and your Health/Dental Insurance coverage after graduation
Grad Class Society- Find out about the Grad Week Events in May.
Calnan Photography- Book your Grad Photos.
Renowned physicist and commentator Noel Sharkey debates Duncan MacIntosh, Dalhousie University, on the role of autonomous weapons.
This event is part of the Automatons! From Ovid to AI lecture series cosponsored by Saint Mary's University, King's College and Dalhousie University.