Trade experts, government officials, business executives and researchers came together on Thursday, November 16th, to discuss trade between China and Nova Scotia at Saint Mary’s University. The summit provided a platform for the exploration of trade and business relationships between Nova Scotia and China, as well as enhancing educational and cultural understanding.
Speakers and presenters included:
- Dr. Prof. Ye Jianmin, Dean of the School of Management, Xiamen University will attend as the designated representative of the President of Xiamen University
- Karen Oldfield, President & CEO, Halifax Port Authority
- Dr. Robert Summerby-Murray, President and Vice-Chancellor of Saint Mary’s University
- Joyce Carter, President & CEO, Halifax International Airport Authority
- William Allaway, CEO and Owner, Acadian Maple Products
- Ian Smith, CEO, Clearwater Seafoods Limited Partnership
- Dr. Stephen Jones, CEO, 4Deep
The goals of the summit were to:
- Celebrate existing trade relations between Nova Scotia and China
- Explore ways to grow bilateral trade
- Build mutual understanding and cultural appreciation across cultures
Speakers included experts in international trade, Canadian and Chinese government representatives, and local business leaders with trade experience.