Saint Mary’s University is celebrating the success of the Saint Mary’s alumni and business leaders who were a part of the 2018 Halifax Business Awards.
The sold-out award ceremony from the Halifax Chamber of Commerce took place in the brand new Halifax Convention Centre. It was a spectacular night of entertainment, prestige, and celebration, recognizing risk takers and the success of Halifax’s thriving business community.
It was a particularly spectacular night for Saint Mary’s University alumni. Saint Mary’s University is pleased to congratulate Christopher Webb, BA’97, and Dave O’Connor, BComm’92, who both took home top prizes. Mr. Webb is the Co-owner of PAVIA Gallery – Espresso Bar & Café. PAVIA won the 2018 Gold Award for Business of the Year. Mr. O’Connor is the President of GLOW The Event Store and was the recipient of the Gold Award for Business Leader of the Year.
The University is also celebrating:
- Joseph (Joe) Metlege, EMBA'12, President, JONO Developments Limited & Templeton Properties Ltd., who was the recipient of the Silver Award for Business Leader of the Year;
- Leah Skerry, BComm'09, CEO, Squiggle Park, who won the Silver Award for Innovative Business of the Year; and
- Jean Paul (JP) Furey, Bcomm'03, CEO, BlueLight Analytics, who won the Silver Award for Export Business of the Year and the Bronze Award for Innovative Business of the Year.
Also worthy of praise are the contributions of the Santamarians whose business acumen was recognized by being nominated.
- Ross Argante, BA’01, a Partner with Integrated Staffing Limited, who was nominated for Business Leader of the Year;
- Chris Robertson, Bcomm'02, Owner, Home Instead Senior Care Cape Breton, nominated for Business of the Year;
- Steve Davies, EMBA'98, President, Third Wave Consulting Inc., nominated for Innovative Business of the Year;
- Jeff Farwell; BComm'00, Owner, J Farwell Sailing, nominated for New Business of the Year; and
- the great group of Santamarians at B4Checkin, nominated for Export Business of the Year, that includes:
- Martin Mackinnon, MBA'88, CFO and Co-Founder
- Steve Miles, Bcomm'84, Vice President – Operations; and
- Greg Thompson, EMBA'04, VP - Customer Relations